Schlenker Consulting Ltd. (SCL) was commissioned by the Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association (AIHA) to estimate the potential economic impacts of expanding value added processing of provincial energy resources such as natural gas liquids (NGLs), raw natural gas and bitumen. Projected expansions in the petrochemical, fertilizer and refining industries are outlined and the net economic impacts of upgrading various products in terms of contributions to Gross Domestic Product (or GDP/output/value added), labour income, employment and provincial government revenues are estimated.
- US based Williams pumping more money into Alberta petrochemical industry
- Nova Chemicals Planning $900 million expansion
- North West Redwater Partnership announces construction of phase of the sturgeon refinery
- Agrium board ponders expansion of Redwater plant
- Enhance Energy – Alberta Carbon Trunk Line